Sunday, August 30, 2009

Asia's dirtiest hotels

I have the dubious distinction of having once stayed at - ta-da! - dirty hotel #1.

I am not above slumming it and once stayed alone at Bangkok's First Hotel because of its central location and cheap rooms. I don't remember it being filthy - I once stayed in a worst place in Johor Bahru, the Malaysian town just across Singapore's borders. What I do remember about Bangkok's First Hotel is how thin the plywood door was. Seriously, even I could break the door down. I did not dare sleep because I did not feel safe. Since then I've always asked to look at door.

Anyway, check out the list as voted by readers on Trip Advisor. Squeaky clean Singapore has three hotels on the list, LOL. Good to see no Cambodian ones made it!

Dirtiest Hotels - Asia (Pacific)
(based on TripAdvisor traveler reviews)
1.First Hotel Bankok, Bangkok, Thailand
2.Hotel Grand Central, Singapore, Singapore
3.The Imperial Hotel, Hong Kong, China
4.Royal Peacock Hotel, Singapore, Singapore
5.Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort, Bangkok, Thailand
6.Colmar Tropicale, A French-Themed Resort, Bentung, Malaysia
7.Oxford Hotel, Singapore, Singapore
8.City Gate Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
9.Royal Parkview Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
10.Aseania Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin